- January 2018
- December 2017
- October 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- All Current Articles
It’s time for the annual Public Relations Society of America San Antonio Chapter’s (PRSA SA) Del Oro award competition.
WAIT… before you say, “Who has time to submit an award entry?”… let us share with you the value of winning an award from an article titled, “The PR Value of Awards”:
- Provide Third Party Validation: Having an outside group recognize your company’s product, service or leadership carries more weight than when you do it yourself.
- Distinguish You From the Crowd: Awards can help set your company apart from the crowd by highlighting your achievements and quality of work.
- Increase Your Awareness: Awards can present a good opportunity to generate more publicity for your company, which is often a core goal of communications strategies.
PRSA SA Past President Fran Stephenson, APR, and award-winning practitioner and business owner, developed 10 important reasons to enter:
- You know your work deserves an award!
- You want to impress future clients.
- Entering your work into a competition is great preparation for an APR Readiness Review.
- You can add “award-winning practitioner” to your bio and resume.
- It was a really challenging project and you don’t want to forget it ever!
- There’s only one way to find out if your project is a winner – to submit it for judging.
- You can use your shiny trophy as part of a campaign to ask for a raise.
- You want your competitors to be nervous.
- You want your team to learn about the Research, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation Process and this is a good place to start.
- It’s a great way to start your new year!
So what are you waiting for? The process is easy and everything is submitted ONLINE. No paper documents to mail in. You still have time. The deadline is March 10.
If you have questions, please contact our Del Oro Chair Maren Minchew at [email protected]. For more information about the Del Oro Awards Banquet, please visit www.prsanantonio.com